Today was a great day for the people of Malabar whose dreams of having a airport in their place is coming true. Not coming to debate if a Airport is really required in the Kannur, today the Government Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of a airport in Kannur through a public-private joint funding and operation.
The proposed airport in Kannur(Cannanore) is to be built in an area of more than 1800 acres of land with operations in a single runway. Along with the promotion of tourism, the airport will also act as a cargo hub for perishable food products.
The bidding for the private strategic partner who will hold 74% stake will be through a competitive bidding process. The state partner will be KINFRA which will have the remaining 26 per cent. The Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister also approved setting up an airport in Nagpur.
In another seperate news, the Leela Group is said to have interest in setting up the airport. Only time will tell what is going to happen next. When time tells, we will relay it right to you, the people of Kannur and Malabar.